Are you thinking about shipping a car, motorcycle, van, or other type of vehicle overseas? If you are interested in international shipping for your car or other vehicle, there is some important information for you to consider before you hire an auto shipper to assist. Check out the following five things you should know before you ship your vehicle or car overseas.
1. Prepare Your Car. There are certain things 미국배송대행 you should do to prepare your vehicle for overseas shipping. For example, prior to shipping, you should: leave no more than a quarter of a tank of gas in your vehicle, lower your antenna, and deactivate your car alarm. For more information about preparing your vehicle for international shipping, contact a reliable auto shipper.
2. Buy Insurance. You can buy insurance coverage for your vehicle during international shipping. Full insurance coverage will protect you from any damages. Total loss coverage will insure you for the value of your vehicle. Maritime Law places limits on the liability placed on shipping companies.
3. Consider Your Shipping Options. Your vehicle can be shipped overseas using either roll on roll off transport (sometimes called Ro Ro services) or your vehicle can be transported in a shipping container. If you ship your vehicle in a shipping container, than you have the option to store and ship some additional items in your vehicle. Additional equipment may be required if the car you are shipping is not currently operable.
4. Understand Customs Clearance. A major part of shipping your car overseas is the customs process. It is customary to have a copy of your original car title, and if relevant, a letter from the lien holder. Sometimes a bill of sale is also required. A dependable auto shipper can provide assistance with customs brokers and agents, including professionals at the port of destination, to help guide you through all of the country-specific details of successful customs clearance.
5. Get Informed About Extra Fees. While country-specific fees and rules vary, there are often port-specific fees for international vehicle shipping like loading and doc charges. Import related fees and taxes are also sometimes applicable. A reliable auto shipper will provide you with a freight quote that details these fees so that you understand all of the charges involved in shipping a vehicle overseas.